As a part of this week’s learning path we were asked to answer two questions about fears or challenges we have with professional placements. My responses are as follows:
- The top 2 challenges/problems/mistakes you have faced or made on prior Professional Experiences.
– Not being aware of the behaviours of all students. In the past one of the recurring comments I have received in regards to my lessons is that I often don’t notice minor behaviour issues such as a couple of students talking amongst themselves at the back of the classroom.
– Being confident in the content that I am teaching. I tend to not deliver my lessons as well when I am not as certain that the content and way I am teaching is what’s best for the students
- The top 2 fears/challenges you have about your EDC3100 Professional Experience.
– I have always had a fear of the mentor/school staff sitting at the back of my class and judging my lessons while I teach
– Being ready with a plan B when things go wrong. I don’t want to be standing in front of the class with a blank stare when my Youtube clip won’t load.
To see another student’s response to similar questions regarding our upcoming prac, visit Maddy’s page.